1. Add up to 500 mg of soil samples in to Bead Tubes and add 1200 µl of Lysis Buffer. Vortex for about 10 seconds to resuspend the soil mass.
2. Homogenize soil samples either by vortexing for 5 minutes or using a bead beater as per manufacturers’ instructions.
3. Centrifuge Bead Tubes at 7,000 x g for 1 minute and transfer the supernatant to a 1.7 ml collection tube.
4. Centrifuge at 10,000 x g for 5 minutes and transfer the supernatant to a 2 ml collection tube.
5. Add 1000 µl of Bind Buffer (Cat. # DBB-01) and mix by inverting at least 10 times.
6. Load the lysate directly on to spin columns and process the entire volume by centrifuging at 10,000 x g for 1 minute.
7. Wash the columns with 500µl of Wash Buffer I (contact us) and discard flow through. Repeat this step with Wash Buffer II.
8. Centrifuge the empty spin baskets at 10,000 x g for 1 minute to remove salts.
9. Transfer the empty spin baskets to a new 1.7 ml collection tube and add 50 to 100 µl of Elution Buffer and centrifuge at 10,000 x g for 1 minute. Discard the spin basket and store DNA as per your requirements.