1. Add 10 - 20 mg of fecal sample in to Bead Tubes and add 800 µl of Lysis Buffer (Cat. # DLB-01). Vortex the tubes for about 10 seconds to resuspend samples.
2. Homogenize fecal samples either by vortexing for 5 minutes or using a bead beater as per
3. Centrifuge Bead Tubes at 10,000 x g for 1 minute and transfer the supernatant to a pre filtration column (Cat. # MCP-01). Centrifuge one more time at 10,000 x g for 5 minutes and collect the
4. Discard the pre filter column and the pellet while trasnfering the flow through to a 2 ml collection
5. Add 1000 µl of Bind Buffer (Cat. # DBB-01) and mix by inverting at least 10 times.
6. Load up to 650 µl to a spin column and centrifuge at 10,000 x g for 1 minute. Discard the flow
through and, process the remaining volume and discard the flow through again.
7. Wash the spin columns twice, with Wash buffers I & II, respectively. Add 500 µl of Wash buffer I
(Cat. # WB-01) and centrifuge for 1 minute at 10,000 x g and discard flow through. Add 500 µl of
Wash Buffer II (70% ethanol) and centrifuge at 10,000 x g for 1 minute. Discard the flow through.
8. Centrifuge empty spin columns at 10,000 x g for 1 minute and remove the residual Wash Buffers and
transfer the spin column (discard the collection tube) to a 1.5 ml collection tube.
9. Add 50 - 100 µl of Elution Buffer (Sterile water or 10 mM Tris-5 mM EDTA) and centrifuge one more
time at 10,000 x g for 1 minute. Discard the spin column and store eluted DNA as per your